Young People’s Chamber Orchestra, Berkeley, CA 2014-2016
• Implementing online registration system for students and volunteers, maintaining calendars and newsletters.
• Organizing first ever strings competition with over $3000 in donated prize money.
• Maintianing cloud storage and file sharing for all organizational documents.
• Negotiating facilities contracts, acting as liaison between conductor, board and families.
President of the Board
Young People’s Chamber Orchestra, Berkeley, CA 2011-2014
• Directed program changes that brought budget from 16% deficit to a 7% surplus within two fiscal years.
• Introduced online bidding platform for annual silent auction, planned the annual benefit event.
• Wrote successful grants and grant reports.
• Negotiated staff contracts, ensured board seats were filled while facilitating fiduciary and mission goals.
Kiki Ramone, Berkeley, CA 2012-2014
• Sourced fabric, created original designs for women’s clothing, graded patterns, fabricated garments.
• Maintained an online store that shipped dresses world wide, managed wholesale accounts with independent boutiques.
FLY Children’s Art Center, Ypsilanti, MI 2009-2011
• Developed business plan, acquired funding and insurance, established 501(c)3 nonprofit status, assembled board of directors,wrote successful grants.
• Hired teachers, developed curricula, coordinated class schedules, bought supplies.
• Worked with local press for television and radio interviews, collaborated with area schools and businesses to bring art classes into underserved communities, developed and marketed art kits for retail sale.
Summers-Knoll School, Ann Arbor, MI 2009-2011
• Collaborated with University of Michigan and Fest of Fools to create 6 foot puppets with children for local parade.
• Facilitated a student run blind-box toy company, led an all school seed bomb project in an abandoned field.
• Published a series of books written and illustrated by students that sold in local bookstores.
• Exhibited in American Craft Council shows for retail and wholesale vendors and other juried fairs.
• Maintained a webstore and gallery that shipped scultpures all over the world, sold work through private galleries.
Dearborn Public Schools, Dearborn, MI 2001-2007
• Managed district wide interschool lending library for art manipulatives.
• Coordinated an all school postal system for students, created the first all school competition for stamp design.
Education | Certification | Awards
Single Subject Teaching Credential in Art State of California
Valid through 7/2019
Professional Teaching Certificate in Art State of Michigan
Valid through 7/2019
99U Conference Behance, NYC 2011
• Participated in video documenting user experience at this conference focusing on making ideas happen through action-oriented insights using real-world best practices.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Eastern Michigan University 1999
• Coursework in sculpture, jewelry, printmaking, watercolor, drawing, art education, and art history. Exhibited in solo shows and juried shows off campus while still in school.